VDTT Interview Experience



VDTT INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE


M Tech VDTT program is a two year sponsored program run by IIT Delhi.

I have collected these details from my friend JAI SHARMA from Noida who had cleared GATE 2016 with AIR 173 and already had ESD offer from IITB and SSA from IISc Bangalore.

Its admission process has three stages:
1.      Depending upon your gate score your shortlisted for the two stage interview process.
Cutoff in 2016 is gate score 800.


2.      After shortlisting for interview, in first round you will be interviewed by IIT Delhi professors and after clearing this there will be round 2.

3.      In round 2, you will be interviewed  by sponsor companies.
Here is my interview experience for both rounds:

ROUND 1: 
( Interview by prof. Anshul Kumar ( Head VDTT) & prof. Shouritta Chaterjee ( Head IEC))

·         First question they ask about my rank and my college like which year pass out and all that normal stuff.
·         They asked about a rectangular pulse signal is passed through a RC circuit then draw its output waveform.
·         Questions about mosfet like how channel is created in enhancement mosfet, what happen when one volt is applied to gate p type substrate.
·         What is leakage current in mosfet.
·         Diode circuit to solve to find out a current then modified the circuit and asked how current will change.
·         Draw a finite state machine using some pattern. How many flip flops will be needed to implement this.
·         Implementing a 2D array .
·         How to define a 2D array whose size is user defined i.e dynamic size.
·         Some simple question on op amps.
·         The interview went around 45 minutes and the professor seemed to contradict with every answer I gave. In the end they show their dissatisfaction. Its their trick to test the student so keep this in mind.
The result of first round came in the evening and I was surprised to see my name in the list which was on the top of list. I was surprised because professor behave as if I was not prepared and I knew nothing.

ROUND 2:

Next day I reached around 8.30 in morning in the lecture hall complex. The presentation of different companies started around 9.30. There were four companies who came to sponsor viz. Texus instruments, Cadence design system, Cypress semiconductors and Qualcomm. There is one internal project sponsor also named MAVI.
After the ppts, we asked to fill  a form in which it is asked to specifies our choices of companies.
My choices are as follows.
1.      Qualcomm noida
2.      Cadence Design systems noida
3.      Cypress semiconductors Bangalore
4.      Texas instruments Bangalore
5.      Internal project MAVI

Since Qualcomm is my first choice, it is first company for which I was interviewed.

QUALCOMM INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE:

·         First question is why I want qualcomm?
·         What are your favourites subjects in b tech?
·         In which kind of work your interested
·         Explain system design approach?
·         I explained top down approach so asked some question related to this like technology related, technology depends on which things and many more.
·         I was asked again about FSM and asked to implement with the help of flip flop.
·         What are the main qualities you want to have in your product mainly chips?
·         Draw exnor using nand
·         Draw not gate using nand
·         What do mean by delay in gate?
·         Can we have different delay in both inputs?
·         If yes how does it effect your outputs?
·         After going for about 40 minutes he send me to the next guy mean next round.
·         The second guy was very friendly he asked only basic questions
·         Draw an inverter circuit
·         What do you mean by static current and dynamic current.
·         There are some others question which I didn’t remember my complete interview went about more than one hour.



My Second interview as for cadence design systems Noida

CADENCE DESIGN SYSTEMS INTERVIEW:

I filled cadence as my second choice since it is in Noida so I can do my internship easily (silly reason)

Here goes my interview:
·         Since cadence is EDA company they want good software skill along with electronics.

·         Since it was my second choice, they asked me why you put cadence on second? It means you do not wanted to be cadence? It was tricky question somehow I managed

·         Then they started to ask about data structure stack, queue, link list and implement using programs
·         Since I am good at programming so its not a big deal.
·         Then I told them about my project which made during my training. It about data compression technique and they were impressed by it.
·         Asked few question about my project, it all going in my favour.
·         After asking software skills, they now started about electronics.
·         Asked cmos and its regions.
·         Bjt and its operation regions and also about about effect on B.
·         Then they turned into floor planning since they are offering project into this domain
·         Project was 3D routing of interconnects.
·         Somehow I managed through this because was a difficult part for me.
·         After going through technical round they called me again for HR round.
·         HR was simple interested in knowing that im going to join this or not
·         He also asked the same question about why cadence was ur second choice?
·         Also the profile of qualcomm was hardware and cadence was software so it was very tough for me to convince him.

·         Then I said I'm going to join this program for sure and he said ok then we will take you.
·         In the end he said that they will give me a laptop and login id of cadence.
Now after clearing cadence, my third interview was for cypress semiconductors Bangalore, since it’s a Japanese company I was not much interested.
The interview was just a formality , it went average since I was excited about cadence.
Remaining companies texas and mavi didn’t call me for interview.


Thank you JAI ! Hope this helps many get through VDTT.


Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »